Sunday, April 17, 2005

Little Boy

Haven't posted for a while. Either didn't have the time or was too lazy ><. Who knows. But I'm at the keyboard again writing about what is pissing me off.

When I was younger, I used to go visit our neighbour, Dorothy after school everyday. She was kind, gave me popsicles, helped me with my homework. I stopped going to see her after awhile. I was coming home late because I was spending more time downtown after we got out and my parents were expecting me home. Later that year she died from lung cancer (she used to be a heavy smoker and even when I was visiting her was on oxygen). I still remember the smell of her home when she lived there. Her house, not to be rude, is a shack. She was not very well off and it's falling apart. But what she little she left behind was given to her grandson, who, at this very moment, is living there. At first, it was horrible. Loud parties, cops visiting, an obvious destruction of Dorothy's property. It's settled down somewhat, but the house is also a drifter's paradise. A different set of people living there every few months. Friends, family of her grandson... all of them just as disrespectful as the last.

At the moment, there is a little boy living there who has resided for a few months now. His mother is gone, abandoned him, a woman living there taking care of him. This boy is very kind, and very adorable. I see him everyday when I walk home from school and past his house (sorry, his home, it's not really his since it's temporary).

The neighbourhood children are not allowed to play with him. It's discouraged all around to even talk to him. This little boy is suffering prejeduice from simply belonging to a bunch of rednecks. My father has told me that "it is too complicated for me to understand". Sure, it's complicated, talking to the little boy would eventually lead to talking to those freaks across the way whom he belongs to, but if you are asking me whether I understand why this is fair, or even right? I'm coming up empty. No one should have to endure that. I'm sure if he was a girl it would be "Oh! come over here so we can get you away from those reached freaks as long as possible!" But no. He is a male. A trouble-making dirty little boy who is just as bad as his reletives. He is tarred and feathered with the same rap his care-givers are offered. This boy in all times needs a friend. Not someone to poo-poo him and stick up their nose. That's just not fair.

But, what ever is?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home