Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Years!

Okay.. so I'm just sitting here, trying to figure out what and how I'm going to finish all these projects before winter vacation is over. I'm also thinking of the past couple days and how awesome they've been. Last Thursday I went over to Kristy's for a little get togeather with everybody. It was awesome; we talked, had a little (or alot) to drink, danced and sang (or at least I did), and just rejoiced at our new found freedom --- well, as much freedom as 16 year old girls can have. I found out that people really like my rum & cokes; sadly they can no longer be made since Kristy's dad took my rum.

Kristy wasn't able to come over to Matt's for new years, but at midnight I called her on the cell phone and we counted down from twelve (the current second-to when she picked up) all the way down to midnight at which point we all screamed and welcomed in the New Year. Sidetracking here --- this was the first new years that I didn't spend with my family; I've broken a tradition. Just makes me realise just how much older I've gotten; now I have the freedoms to go along with my sence of self that has been egging me to break free from my family's routine for a few years now. Anyways.. where was I? Oh yes, new years call. Well, we all talked over the cell and exchanged new years resolutions (mine is to stop beating up the boys so terribly) and then hung up and went out for a walk. After coming back inside the boys promptly decided to doze off, leaving me being the only one out of us four still awake and Bob was lying on me, which ment I couldn't get up to chane the channel, make myself a snack, or anything; not to mention they all decided to begin snoring.

Bleh.

I ended up going home at 7 AM, and yes I did have to wake up Bobby in order to get the cab.
Poor Bob.

Anyways, I went home and slept, then went back over to Matt's place to meet up with Kristy. She came down to Guelph so her friend Sonya could meet us all, and we ended up getting along quite well. At about 6 we all took a cab over to my house (the boys followed later in a cab of their own) where we took awesome candids on the couch. Care to see? No? Well, you're lookng at em anyhow:


Dive! Dive! Dive!


Wow, we can acctually fit on the puny thing!

Anyways, after Sonya and Kristy left, Matt, Eric, and I played a video game and just hung out. They then proceeded to call a cab to take Eric and Matt home, and I went along for the ride. Eric got dropped off at his place, and I went with Matt. They both got ready for work, I watched TV. About 10:30 Matt and I went to pick up Eric in Matt's car, and then drove to Timmy's. They take over the shift after Bob gets off, hence the reason I tagged along. So after they started work and Bobby got off work we walked downtown from York just talking, and possibly convincing him even further of my insanity. Oh well, he can't complain; he's just as insane as I am. I love the question he asked, too. "Would you like to go downthe dark scary alleyway?" Because I DID want to go down there, and he was probably just mocking me, but in a not hostile way of course... I hope.

We ended up scaling a building downtown and just sitting on the roofttop for a while. My dad called saying he was going to pick me up, so we made our way back down. After succeeding in crossing back over the barbed wire fence, I discovered blood on my finger; quite a bit of it. My finger didn't hurt, so I figured it wasn't mine which slightly creeped me out. Turns out it was my blood and that I had deeply scratched my finger, but somehow it didn't hurt.

Anyways, Bob called a cab, I got picked up, discovered both my parents were quite drunk. Luckily for us the roads were empty that night or else I wouldn't have gotten in, and would have possibly pulled my sister out. Note to self: never let your mother cut an avocado with a large kitchen knife while she's intoxicated, or let her anywhere near the toaster.

So yes, bit of a long update to occupy my time with, now to focus my energies on something slightly more likely to allow me to pass Grade 11. Toodles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home